Wednesday, September 21, 2011

quick movie takes

I love movies. Really love them and coworkers can verify this. I love to watch them and can spout useless knowledge about them. The only problem is that most of the films that come out nowadays are terrible. Why do they film so many remakes? Is Hollywood no longer a place of innovation?
Here are some of my feelings on things I have recently seen.

The good:
"Easy A"--hilarious. The adult cast really shines in this film. Stanley Tucci, Patricia Clarkson and Thomas Haden Church make this movie worthwhile.

"Alice in Wonderland"--this is not Tim Burton's best work but it is a good representation of what he does best; creating new worlds, interesting characters and odd situations.


The bad:
"Inception"-should have been stopped at conception.

"Super"--with Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page really was not. The movie takes a strange, dark turn when the cop gets shot. It is not a good turn either.

"Eat, Pray, Love"--The movie ate away at my time, I prayed for it to end and loved when it did.

"Suckerpunch"--basically describes what I think the movie gave me.

"Leap Year"--the less said, the better.

"Green Hornet"--needs a movie equivalent of bug spray.

"Date Night"--a reason to stay at home. Tina Fey's outtakes during the credits are funny..


Yes, I know the bad list is much longer. That just goes to make my point.

Comments always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment