I do not like to think of myself as a conspiracy theorist but I don't like to think a lot of things. I believe the whole Charlie Sheen/"2 and a Half Men" controversy was planned out. It benefited both parties to have this happen. Think about it:
1) Got out of his contract
2) Gained a lot of notoriety and Hollywood supports this kind of behavior.
3) Sold out shows for his act across the country.
On the other side, the show:
1) Gained many viewers over the debacle. This is not a new show and viewership was down. This brought it back up. The 1st episode of this new season has the highest rating ever. Everyone wanted to see what the show was going to do.
2) The new lead is paid less than Charlie Sheen so the show costs less.
3) Many people felt bad for the cast and crew since Sheen was the one acting out.
See, both sides gained from this so there were no losers except for the public who had to listen to entertainment shows constantly talking about it.
Comments always welcome.