Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pre-Katsucon 2012

Okay, so I am about to go to my first con of the year. Katsucon starts next week and I am preparing to head to Maryland then. Am I excited? Yes! This will be the second time I have attended this con and the first time I spend the whole weekend there. Last year I was there briefly and I learned a valuable lesson.

Invest in a digital camera. I did not do that last year. I had a disposable camera which only took 27 photos and there is a lot more to photograph. Later conventions saw me carrying a digital camera which worked much better. There are a lot of anime related costumes and some superhero costumes. I am more familiar with superheroes but the anime costumes can be very intricate.
Last year I attended Katsucon briefly. I was there about two hours, just long enough for me to use up the camera I had. This year I plan to be there the whole weekend. That means I get to take in all the events and happenings. I will talk more about that when I get back.

Apparently I will have a tighter schedule than I originally planned but that is fine with me. Part of the con will see me helping run a booth. The rest of the time I will be doing photo shoots with various cosplayers. I am not going to say who yet as I want to get the photos first. Let me just say they will be some recognizable names among cosplayers.

That is one of the great things about cons. You get to meet a lot of interesting people. Of course, you also have to meet people like me and no one wants that!

No comments:

Post a Comment