Sunday, January 8, 2012

Final Fantasy XIII-2 time

The new Final Fantasy game XIII-2 is almost here and I am excited about getting a new FF game. These games are one of the longest running game series and always do a great job with the game.

http://na.square-enix.com/ffxiii-2/#/story is a link to get more information about the upcoming game if you have not read about it yet.

FF 13 is visually stunning and 13-2 appears to keep that look. But being pretty does not make it a good game. There is a developed plot (sometimes overdeveloped) that interrupts with cut scenes throughout the game. The characters are well established. The only thing I did not really like was the new combat system where you have to continually change jobs in the battle. It made things too complex and hard in the boss fights. The combat system in the earlier games was much better.

I have not always been a FF fan. I was a convert after I tried Sony Genesis and Dreamcast. Since that ended so well, I switched to the PlayStation. Someone told me to try FF 7 and I did. I have gone back and played it three times. It is addictive. Seriously, you sit down and start playing and then your roommate is shaking your shoulder telling you that you have been sitting there for three days.

The only FF I have not played since then is the online one. I have bought all the rest of the games and conquered them after days (non consecutive) of game play. Getting all the eidolons, summons, sidequests and boss fights can take a player over 80 hours.

I suppose there should be a 12 step program for these games. Weening people off the games may require more steps. I can say this since I don't have a problem. I can quit playing anytime I want. I just prefer to keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment