Saturday, May 19, 2012

A not so special day.

So my birthday went past and it was like any other day. I flea bombed my residence (okay, that was not like every other day. I don't want the readers to get the wrong idea. I am not living in a den of fleas.) and went to work that evening. What amazed me is that people grew upset later since I did not mention it was my birthday.

My response to their irritation was "Really, that is what you are mad about and not what I did to your lunch which was delicious by the way!".

I don't talk about it so I can avoid any disappointment later. If I talk about it and no one says anything then my feelings get hurt. So, being pragmatic, I keep my mouth shut.

Unfortunately, Facebook posts your birthday and most people ignored it. Sure I received some messages containing birthday wishes but most did not even notice. This is exactly when I realized FB is just like real life.

I suppose all of the disdain for the day arises from the fact that my parents wanted to save money when I was young so they had me dress up as the clown at my own birthday parties. They would get me in the clown gear and they tell me to go entertain all the guests.

I have to believe this is where my fear of clowns and public speaking came from. I would see my reflection and turn to run away. This always ended with me running into a wall and knocking myself unconscious. This may explain my distrust of walls. Has anyone ever notice that they are everywhere. Anytime you look at a man made structure, you can see the walls. This cannot be a coincidence.

The only thing about clowns that interests me are the pants that can drop when they squeeze a ball. I would love to have a pair of those that I can wear around town, just having them drop when I feel like it. I can just hear the people screaming "You could have worn some underwear!" To which I would smirk and say "No, I couldn't".

No comments:

Post a Comment